Monday, May 21, 2007

Who am I and Why am I taking this course?


My name is Jay Hood, I am nineteen years old and live with my parents in Douglasville, Georgia. I am a big science fiction fan, and although that may be the main category most of the books I read fall into I also enjoy a wide variety of other literature. My main anxiety for this class is based on the fact that most of the work we do will be on a self motivated basis. While this does allows people to work at their own pace, I tend to procrastinate. I'm taking this class for several reasons: one is that I need English credits because I'm an English major, another is because Professor Glance is the one teaching it so I know the subject matter will at least be interesting, and finally I am a fan of Dylan Thomas and I am hoping to get a chance to read more of his work besides the few poems of his I know (though it does not seem too likely we'll be covering him). I hope this course will be interesting and that what I read can provide me with a decent background in British literature, affording me greater advantages when taking higher level English classes.

No comments: